Please take a moment to read: Click “I accept” if you agree to the Terms and Conditions of Booking and proposed tuition.
General acceptance and guidance:
When thinking about tuition, it is good idea to think about the following:
- Times, dates, frequency and duration of lessons and be agreed with the tutor.
Location areas covered:
- For individuals requesting tuition, it is advisable to live within a short commutable distance of the West Midlands boundaries due to travelling time and cost.
- The tutee, can request the tutor travel to them; or if the student prefers, can come to the tutor. Should students wish for the tutor to travel to them, then it is standard practice that the students would have to pay/ reimburse the tutors travelling cost, in addition to tuition fee. If the students wish to come to the tutor then the students are advised to pay for their own travelling arrangements. If the student requests this, then lessons would be held in the Birmingham City Centre.
- At least 24 hours notice (except for emergencies) must be given at all times, should the student have to cancel lessons for that week. If less than 24 hours notice is given, then the student will be liable and charged for lessons missed. For example: If the student has agreed with the tutor to have 1 hour a week for 8 weeks and cancels for no reason in the first week, the tutor retains the right to charge for the remaining contractual period.
- Payments: Payments for tuition are requested at the end of each lesson. They can also be made via this website, by clicking on the ‘Students Payments – English’ page and submitting payment, via paypal/ credit card; or payment can be given in cash or via “Sumup” card machine. Permission must be obtained from the tutor if the student would like a few lessons a week, at regular times and wishes to pay at the end of the week instead.
Minors under 18
- Minors, under the age of 18, requesting English tuition (or guardians requesting permission on behalf), must accompany their child/ children within lessons. This is to protect the interests of the minors and also tutor. The tutor has CRB and also relevant qualifications; which can be seen here.
Terms & Conditions:
The gift voucher, bought only from this website, should be treated like cash. Lost or stolen gift cards cannot be replaced. Vouchers cannot be transferred to another individual as they are specially created for the new tutee.
How to redeem:
Redeem on arrival to the tutee’s lessons, and just before having lessons. Gift vouchers cannot be exchanged for cash or credit. Damaged, altered or cancelled vouchers will not be accepted.
Does my gift voucher have an expiry date?
Gift vouchers do not expire.
Where can I spend my Gift Voucher/s?
The Gift Voucher/s can only be spent on guitar lessons with the booked tutor.
FirstTutors .. The Tutor Website (TTW)
- Most of my students come from a Website called ‘firsttutors‘, if you prefer to use this service instead, then you can find my profile on there too. However, they work on a direct messaging system in their website and in messages, you cant disclose personal details such as phone no’s, addresses, emails etc, until tuition is confirmed. In order to arrange specific times, dates, venue, the students have to pay a small amount (admin charges) to ‘firstutors’ to ‘purchase’ the tutors details and arrange specific details out of their messaging system. The cost to the student would be about £4.99 and that goes directly to ‘firsttutors’, who are an independent business, that specialises in advertising tutors. After this payment is made by the tutee, first tutors will release each others details and then both can then converse via phone, email, letter etc.
* I have read and understood booking Terms and Conditions I Accept